When I worked in the corporate world I never thought or dreamed I would imagine where I am today, coaching and counseling people all over the world, by telephone and in person, holding sessions, workshops, classes and retreats, This is not a job for me, it’s my passion, as was played out in a Joy Retreat that was recently held.
My coaching and counseling, after all is said and done, is all about following your bliss; it makes you feel free and focused when you are creating what you want in your life. We are all meant to enjoy our birthright which is Joy and you too can follow the good feelings on this incredible planet we call earth.
Following your bliss is a wonderful feeling; scary accessing it as can’t please everyone, but is also takes us to joy, love, creativity and feeling SO alive. It brings much more meaning to our lives.
What is it for you – what brings you Joy? What wold you do if you were not afraid?
Sometimes we don’t follow our bliss because we feel we don’t deserve a Joy filled life. We have limiting beliefs, such as I’m not smart enough, I’m not good enough, low self-worth, they are better than me, I don’t have what it takes. Does any of this sound familiar to you? What are some of your limiting beliefs?
You are dealing with thoughts, and these can be changed. You have the choice of what you want to think, and the way of those limiting beliefs (thoughts) is challenging them and living in the present moment.
Think about this right now…what are you thinking in this present moment? Is it positive or negative? Do you want this thought to be creating your future?
When were were children, we learned about life and things about ourselves from the people around us. We followed their expectations and rules about how life “should be” live. If you were exposed to negative people, or non-supportive people, family, friends, or society, then you learned a lot of limiting beliefs about yourself and your world.
When we become adults, we carry those limiting beliefs and re-create what we learned. We carry this into our personal and social life. No matter what the issue or limiting belief, your daily experience is an outer reflection of your inner thoughts, what you experienced and learned. Your thought produces a feeling, and you follow that feeling.
On the flip side, if you don’t have that limiting belief, that thought, you won’t follow that feeling. Change your thought and the feeling must go, bringing you into the present moment.
We must take responsibility for our limiting beliefs, the thoughts we hold in our minds, and let the stories of the pays go as you truly deserve to live a Joy filled life.
Here are some tips to help you get your creativity juices flowing and move forward to a more Joy filled life.
1. What do you want to create that you don’t have now, what excites you? Your life is of your own making. You are unique and talented in your own special way. You have the right to live your life doing the things you deserve and love to do.
2. What is a challenge or obstacle that you are facing right now? Look at the challenges and obstacles as feedback, that which helps you move out of the past and into possibility. Think of the challenges and obstacles as part of life, and the more you get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable, the more you will create what you want.
3. Do you feel as if you “have to know” how things are to be worked out? Know that your imagination and creativity is always forming what you need. That you are working through a situation and not attaching yourself to the outcome…it will naturally unfold as you are in harmony with the flow of life. Let go of the urge to control things and trust that all is well!
4. What do you feel you deserve? You deserve a life of your making, you are worthy. Many people have been conditioned to think that a Joy filled life can only be had if we follow all of the rules, keep quiet, eat your peas, wear that dress aunt Betty gave you, work hard at a job you hate and the gold is at the end of the rainbow. Although these may be important things to follow, they put the lid on your authentic self. The real you subconsciously wants to express through voice, eat the foods you like, wear the clothes that make you feel good, find a job that expresses who you truly are. There is no need to limit what you deserve, to play small, as you truly deserve to live up to your true potential. Follow your instincts and listen to your heart in all that you do!
5. Do you believe in support in finding Joy? Support is becoming the new social norm for today’s society. We have coaching, counseling, networking, personal growth, life programs, self-help groups, the list is endless. You do not have to sit at home and struggle, you can reach out and find positive solutions. As we support each other we do not feel alone, it gives you an opportunity to see other ways and inspires your own creative thinking process.
So ask yourself this, what is your intuition telling you to do next? Do not make it harder than it has to be, take one small step into finding your bliss and living with more Joy. Acknowledge the fear and take action! It will take you to a place you never imagined.