The modern world is becoming more hectic, fast-paced, chaotic, and confusing – many are questioning how they live their lives. There has been a new movement where people want healthy positive change and are looking to find deeper meaning in everyday life. Personal-development and authentic emotional connections are emerging as a way to find deeper meaning in life, and reduce the stress and uncertainty, providing more joy and fulfillment.
If you are experiencing life’s hurried and stressful pace, here are 5 simple ways to nurture a deeper connection with yourself and others.
- Express your uniqueness – Being who you are really means being free of all the identifications from the past that have built you your false sense of identity. It is your individuality, your beliefs, your values that identify who you truly are. Express yourself and your ideals through the clothes you wear, the words you use, the color choices for your home or office, the people and furry friends your surround yourself with. There is only one you, and your choices are the perfect reminder of what’s really important in your life.
- Reconnect with your passion – Is there an area of your life that you feel very passionate about? Do you love to travel? Have you always wanted to take a specific class? Did you enjoy creating art pieces when you were younger? Can you feel the excitement in your body? This is passion, and it is important to recognize and develop those activities that you love most as this brings out the best in you and what your naturally great at in this new world. It is feedback that you are aligned with your life purpose, and your life becomes more meaningful, free and exciting.
- Share your voice with what makes you feel alive – What truly lights you up? Is it your passion for helping others, rescuing animals or helping the planet? Whatever your opinions or views, your voice is important and what you believe in . Find a common thread to connect with others; you may be surprised by what you find.
- Find time for “self” – Modern life with all of its social and electronic gadgets can be extremely overwhelming with every second being dedicated to some activity. This can take a heavy toll on your mind and body, so it’s very important to slow down and take the time to take care of you! Find some ways, no excuses, to relax and renew. This may be through exercise, meditation, taking a quite walk, or sipping your favorite drink. Whatever you find, spend a few minutes each day balancing your life.
- Helping others – Volunteering is a sure way to make you feel more connected with the world around you and find deeper meaning. For one full year I volunteered for a domestic abuse shelter and helped women believe in themselves. The experience helped with my own personal growth and helped me on my path to do what I love doing. Whether you choose to help a food shelter, volunteer at your child’s school or help build houses for the poor, you will make new friends and expand your horizon.
I’d love to hear from you. What brings more meaning to your life?
Other insights or stories you’d like to share, let us know in the comments by clicking below.