Every morning before I start my day, I give gratitude and think about how I can bring more compassion into this shifting new world. Instead of going for messages on my phone or my computer as the first activity of the day, I purposely give thanks for what I have in my life, and then express an intention that it will be a great day filled with appreciation, fun, and joy. It never used to be that way…
For many years I use to live with the hustle and bustle of society’s expectations and other people’s rules and regulations, which eventually was very taxing and interfered with how I truly wanted to live my life. I rushed out of bed and across town while talking on my cell phone, I attended meetings and events that I really did not want to go to, and I kept on taking on more and more responsibilities, of my own and those of others. I lost the connection with my inner truth and the sense of who I truly am.
Over time I began to physically wear down which placed me into a state of paying attention, I started to ask questions and became aware of what is truly important…MY LIFE and the experience of feeling ALIVE! I was not feeling as if I was living a fulfilling life and so I started consciously making different choices.
You too can open yourself to a more fulfilling life. Take notice of what you really want, pay attention to your inner voice…as it is a good time on this planet Earth to go after your dreams and desires.
You can begin by:
1. Having gratitude; being thankful for the good things in your life and exactly where you are right now as this starts to change your life’s frame work, the lens, to how you see everything in your life. You are better able to cope with stress and daily challenges as well as maintain a brighter view of your future.
2. Becoming more willing to take risks, get out of your comfort zone, be more open and non-judgmental toward yourself as well as others when things do not go as planned. Taking risks provides great opportunities to learn new things which connect you with your own true path in life. It opens you up to a world of possibilities you have yet to consider. You will also gain confidence and progress toward goal accomplishment and an increase in life satisfaction.
3. Becoming aware when opportunities knock, for example did someone come into your life at just the right time, did you come across a message in a book that jumped out and it resonates with you fully, or did you find a specific item on the path you were walking, as these are signs that will help to direct you toward living your own right life. Also notice what feels good to your body when you experience these unexpected things, as this means you are on the right track.
4. Noticing when you meet with fate, don’t pretend like nothing happened, like when someone comes into your life at just the right time, or a book jumps out at you while you are in book store, or you are laid off from work just when you were looking to pursue something different. Really acknowledge what is going on because if the fate is ignored and questioned, you will remain stuck.
5. Pay attention to when you light up and are in a joyful expression; what is the topic of conversation that makes you feel alive, you want to learn more? Notice the sensations in your body and when your body feels good. Take some form of action in that direction and trust you will be supported, release control and manipulation of the outcome.
Always remember you can always go back to the way things were. But if you try something new and it does not work out it is usually better than wondering the “What if?” The majority of research shows that one of the top regrets of the dying is people wished they had the courage to live a life true to themselves, and not the life others expected of them.
You must find the courage to live a more fulfilling life, seize your next opportunity, and see what doors open for you! You are worth it and, despite what you thought may say, you are ready now.
As always, I would love to hear from you…
Other insights or stories you’d like to share, let us know in the comments below.